” Elaine was careful to structure her advice to me – it was very personal and I appreciated her taking the time to understand me “ Emma, Solicitor, London
Elaine is a registered Nutritional Therapist and certified Metabolic Balance coach. She is founder of Connecting Nutrition and works as a Nutritional Therapist for York Test Laboratories. She completed the Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice programme in the UK.
Elaine graduated with distinction from the world renowned Institute for Optimum Nutrition and has a degree in Nutritional Therapy.
Elaine is a member of BANT (The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapists), which requires her to abide by strict codes of practice. She is registered with the CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council), supported by the Department of Health which ensures she is trained to the highest standards laid down by the National Occupational Standards. She is a senior associate member of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Elaine spent over 15 years in advertising and as a board director of a London Advertising Agency, before becoming a Nutritional Therapist. In addition to understanding how diet and lifestyle affected her own health issues, the pressure associated with long hours, tight deadlines, working weekends and two lovely step children, equipped her with the understanding of how the stresses of everyday life affect food, diet and lifestyle choices.
Elaine is committed to the highest standards of clinical practice and regularly attends conferences and educational events at the forefront of nutrition science.
- Cancer: Nutritional Support before, during and after treatment and beyond. June 2017. NTEC Qualification.
- Small Intestinal Bowel Overgrowth (SIBO) Clinical Strategies Certification. May 2017
- Nutrition is the key to Alzheimer’s, September 2016, Hosted by Cytoplan
- Metabolic Enhancement for Neurodegenerative Diseases, September 2016, Hosted by Cytoplan
- Nutrigenomics in Practice: Methylation, March 2016, Royal Society of Medicine
- DNA Life Genetic Testing Certification, February 2016, London
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice – The Institute for Functional Medicine: October 2015, London
- Supporting the Mind, Memory & Mood, January 2015, Royal Society of Medicine. Lamberts Healthcare
- Juggling the Endocrine System, December 2014, London, Biocare
- Nutrition and Sports Performance, October 2014, Royal Society of Medicine. Hosted by Lamberts Healthcare
- Functional Medicine Conference – Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome & Cardiovascular Disease. September 2014, London.
- Musculoskeletal Health. May 2014, Royal Society of Medicine. Hosted by Lamberts Healthcare.
- Healthy Ageing. March 2014, Royal Society of Medicine. Hosted by Lamberts Healthcare.
- Gut Health. January 2014, Royal Society of Medicine.
- AutoImmunity. Nov 2013, Hosted by Cyrex Laboratories.
- The Adrenal Glands & Stress. October 2013. Hosted by Genova Diagnostics.
- Optimal Nutritional Evaluation – Understanding Your Patients Needs. Royal Society of Medicine. Sept 2013. Genova Diagnostics
- Digestive Disorders. London. June 2013. CAM and BANT Conferences.
- Female Health: The Reproductive Years. Royal Society of Medicine May 2013.
- The Menopause Transition, Royal Society of Medicine. May 2013.
- Chronic Fatigue and Mood, London. March 2013. BANT and CAM Conferences.
- An Orthomolecular Approach to Allergy and Atopic Disease. March 2013. Nutri Advanced.
- Restoring Vitality through Mitochondrial Support, RSM, London. February 2013. Lamberts Healthcare.
- Dietary Strategies for the Management of Cardiovascular Disease, London. December 2012. The Royal Society of Medicine.
- Speciality Diagnostics for Breast Cancer risk. October 2012. Genova Diagnostics.
- Integrative Medical Solutions for Candida. September 2012. Nutri Ltd.
- Women, Gut Disorders and Clinical Protocols Conference, London. September 2012. BANT & CAM.
- Sex Hormone Dysfunction. The Role of Stress, Nutrients and Inflammation. June 2012. Genova Diagnostics.
- Allergy Masterclass, London. May 2012. The Allergy and Free-From Show.
- Is Dementia Inevitable? London May 2012. The Royal Society of Medicine.
- Thyroid Dysfunction, May 2012. Genova Diagnostics
- Functional Medicine Conference – New Scientific Discoveries and Clinical approached to dealing with the major causes of chronic disease. London. September 2011